SEMIM Programme is an initiative of SELLO-MAFATLE ATTORNEYS, a corporate, global legal and transactional advisory Law firm based in Maseru, Kingdom of Lesotho. The Programme has since establishment in 2014 benefitted 70(Seventy) graduates.
Mentorship applications for 30(thirty) students are open from the 1st September 2019 – 20th October 2019 under the following requirements:
- A Motivation Letter of not more than 3 typed pages with format: Arial, 14-point font size, line spacing 1.5 – detailing why you are the right candidate for mentorship;
- detailing how you link your field of study with:
- The 4th Industrial Revolution; and
- Detailing how you link your field of study with any one (1) or two (2) of the fields of study of the institutions mentioned in this Notice;
- outline practical benefits of access to technology to your every day life;
- how do you commit to be a resourceful citizen and leader during the period of your studies and through-out life.
- Where possible, write in point form.
- Only self-driven candidates to apply and this is not a job training initiative, but intended to assist successful candidates with managing and mitigating impact of the now settled 4th Industrial Revolution.
- ELIGIBILITY AGE
- Age: 18 years – 26 years of age.
- ELIGIBLE INSTITUTIONS
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF LESOTHO (NUL), CENTRE FOR ACCOUNTING STUDIES (CAS) AND ANY TECHNICAL SCHOOL IN LESOTHO.
- NUL – 1st Year to 3rd Year Students
- NUL 5 Year Programmes – 1st to 4th Year Students ONLY
- CAS – 1st Year to 3rd Year Students ONLY.
- Technical Schools – 1st Year Students ONLY.
- COVERING NOTE/ NOT LETTER
- Names in Full, Age as at September 2019, Place and District where you have spent most of your life.
- Full names of Village Chief.
- Primary School Attended, District, and number of years, School access to electricity, computers.
- High School Attended, District, School access to electricity, computers.
- IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION & BAN FROM FUTURE PROGRAMMES OF SEMIM
- Recommendation of candidates by family and friends. Nepotism is repulsive!
- NO Educational Certificates required.
- For 1st Year – Attach any 2 of your Form 5/Matric hand-written or typed test/ assignment – Preferably Sesotho/English Languages subjects or anything with which we can test your use of language, dexterity, flair etc. Include full names of Teacher and full names of Principal.
- 2nd Year and Others – Past/Present 2(two) Typed Assignments – include full names of Lecturer and full names of Tutor (where applicable).
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- Sesotho Language proficiency – All Applicants must have excellent and impeccable command of the Sesotho Language.
- Duration of the Programme: During studies and 2(two) years after graduation.
N.B. Non completion of studies does not mean automatic disqualification from the Programme.
Email/ WhatsApp Applications to: [email protected]
WhatsApp +266 5918 8514
Dated this 26th day of August 2019.
Tiisetso Sello-Mafatle (SEMIM Coordinator and Principal Mentor)
C/O Sello-Mafatle Attorneys
Marie Sello Office Park, Block B
Opp. Anglican Cathedral Area
Assisi Road, Mafatle Street Maseru West
Private Bag A104